KALE KALE KALE
Kale with Feta Cheese– Judith Robinson
1 bunch fresh kale
2 garlic cloves
miso paste-I prefer the brown or yellow
a chunk of feta cheese
– wash and shake off extra water from bunch of kale.
– trim a little off any very thick stems retaining the green parts.
– cut kale leaves in fourths.
– thinly slice the garlic cloves in long pieces.
– pour enough olive oil to cover bottom of preferably an iron skillet and over
a low flame
– add the garlic.
– stir and cook the garlic until tanned.
– add the kale with a teaspoon of miso mixed with water– or more of both–
depending on the amount of kale– and cover.
– when kale is partially cooked, add several splashes of soy sauce. If need
be, add more miso and water. It is nice to have some of the liquid to dribble
over the kale when serving it.
– when almost done sprinkle small chunks of feta cheese on top of the kale
and put on lower shelf of broiler uncovered. Alternative is to stir the feta
into the kale and melt it.
– watch till cheese is melted and remove