Trees, bushes, and flowering plants provide beauty to enjoy and food and habitat for our native pollinators. Nature thrives in interactive systems and that is how I create gardens.
Available levels of services:
– general assessment of physical property
– best practices of maintenance with present landscaping service
– detailed analysis of property includes: soil type/testing, sun/shade percentage, dry/moist conditions, existing
growth/structures, site use intentions, deer access
– create preliminary/final design plan based on above analysis
– client implements planting
– list of resources provided to client
– client chooses Our World Our Choices to implement plan
– cost of materials
– oversight of hired crew for implementation
– scheduled visits for upkeep during first two years
Native Pollinator Hedgerows for Farmers
Pollination is essential for most food crops and it is the native pollinator- bees, butterflies, insects, and birds – that are the most efficient workers at doing this. They not only provide the very basic task of pollinating but they also increase crop yield and help to create a richer tasting product.
The use of pesticides and herbicides have decimated the overall population of these pollinators. The loss of habitat for breeding and lack of food supply has further contributed to the decline. As they provide the basic underpinning of our ecological system, it is crucial to repair these problems. Farmers can be a significant actor in this process by Interspersing farm fields with habitat hedgerows and diminishing the use of destructive chemicals. I can work with you to accomplish this very important task.